I say this all the time. Go outside. It solves a lot. It's truly a breath of fresh air. The wind on your skin and the smell of plants and trees can immediately elevate your senses and improve your mindset.
A look to the sky is a look up. And, looking up is healthy. See all that is around you. Appreciate the vastness of the sky. It offers a different perspective and a wonder of all that is possible. When you change your perspective, even if it's tilting your head up to see the sky, it creates new thoughts, positive attitudes and fresh ideas.
And, perhaps now more than ever, we all need a different perspective.
What will it take for you to realize how our present world is affecting others on so many different levels?
What will it take for you to realize what you can do to elevate your outlook and in turn, elevate others?
5 Tactics to Help You Manage Chaos
I know you're probably thinking, "How can I elevate others right now when my own world is in chaos?"
But what if you could manage the chaos affecting you? If you do that, then you can have a positive impact on your current situation and those around you. You can elevate others and improve their lives right now.
You probably already know the five tactics I'm going to share with you to help you get through the recent changes that have impacted our lives. But now it's time for a little discipline to actually practice them. When you shift your own mindset and actions to those that are positive and productive, you will impact others in great ways.
1) Spend energy on only situations that you can control. And, you can control a lot more than you think. But, the actions and words of others do not come under your purview.
2) Make a daily plan. Execute your plan and stay productive. As a part of your plan, identify what you need to make it happen and those who may be able to help. Once you're on track with daily plans, make longer range plans and do something every day that moves you toward accomplishing those plans (goals).
3) Stay focused on what's important. Remove distractions and anything that takes you off course.
4) Be aware of creepy-crawly negativity. It will sneak back into your thoughts, words and actions when you least expect it. Maintain positivity in all that you do. This is also a trait of great leaders.
5) Elevate others in any way possible. The greatest advantage of improving your own disposition is creating your ability to help others.
This space is usually where I provide insights for next-level leadership. I removed that title this time to let everyone know that these actions and traits aren’t reserved just for those in a leadership position. It’s for us all. But, be careful. If you actually practice all of these tactics then you may realize that a lot of people are following you.
Elevate, lift up, raise to a higher level, boost, yourself and others every day.
One-on-One Executive Coaching
Leadership Programs and Retreats
Women's Leadership Programs